Anyone from teenagers, adults to older people can benefit from Osteopathy. A range of treatment methods are used depending on the age and individual condition of the person.
Benefits of Osteopathy may include relief from pain and assistance to help the body function better in a number of ways. These include improved mobility more ease with walking and other movements feeling more relaxed and sleeping better.
Though well known for treating joints, osteopaths work with many other components of the body including muscles, tendons, ligaments, soft tissues, and nerves.
Additionally, sessions involve giving advice on ways to manage a condition such as advice on posture, walking, safe lifting techniques sometimes specific strengthening exercises to do at home.
Conditions often helped by osteopaths include:
- General aches and pains.
- Joint pain including shoulder hip and knee pain.
- Tingling numbness and pain in hands or arms
- Neck and upper back restriction, headaches and migraines.
- Stress and tension, poor sleep.
- Lower and upper back pain and restriction
- Osteo and inflammatory arthritis,
- Stiffness, poor mobility and other problems associated with aging.