If you’re over 60 its easy to blame everything on “getting older”. That’s what everyone seems to do including doctors.
There are many difficulties that occur in the physical body with aging. Aches and pains difficulty turning your head, sciatica, stiff back, sore knees and headaches. These are some problems of getting older and you may be told that nothing can be done about it.
Osteopaths may help older people.
We listen to you, ask questions about old and new complaints and then assess your walking and other movements of joints such as hips, shoulders and knees.
We then use our hands to work on your body. Our aim is to release tight muscles and tissues through stretching and soft tissue work and gently move joints and encourage them to move a little further. we may also use special techniques to release the nerves in the neck, arms and legs to relieve pain and improve movement and balance.
Osteopaths may help older people with conditions such as:
- Stiffness and immobility.
- Sciatica and nerve referral to the arms and hands.
- Weakness in one leg, arm or hand.
- Difficulty with daily tasks, walking and driving.
- Pain in the neck, back, hips, knees ankles shoulders.
- Headaches and sleeping problems.
- Digestive disorders, reflux constipation and bloating.
- Problems after surgery.