If you’re over 60 its easy to blame everything on “getting older”. That’s what everyone seems to do including doctors.
Aches and pains difficulty turning your head backing the car, sciatica, stiff back, sore knees and headaches. These are some problems of getting older and you may be told that nothing can be done about it.
Osteopathy is a treatment modality that is ideal for seniors.
Treatment for involves questioning about ongoing and new complaints as well as assessment of walking and joint movements such as hips shoulders, elbows and knees. Gentle stretching and soft tissue work may substantially ease tightness and discomfort in muscles surrounding painful joints. Gently moving joints around and encouraging them to move a little further as well as techniques to release the peripheral nerves may help relieve pain and improve mobility and balance.
Here are some conditions that may be helped by osteopathy
- Stiffness and immobility.
- Sciatica and nerve referral to the arms and hands.
- Weakness in one leg, arm or hand.
- Difficulty with daily tasks, walking and driving.
- Pain in the neck, back, hips, knees ankles shoulders.
- Headaches and sleeping problems.
- Digestive disorders, reflux constipation and bloating.
- Problems after surgery.